1 Medium Pumpkin
4 large butternut Squash
4 Tbsp. olive Oil
1 medium Diced Onion
1 Quart Vegetable Stock
1/3 cup Maple Syrup
1 cup heavy Cream
1 Tbsp Nutmeg
1 Tsp Allspice
Salt to taste
- Make a lid on top of pumpkin. Make sure opening is large enough t o work within. Remove seeds & fibers with spoon. Rinse and set aside.
- Peel Butternut squash & dice into medium sections. Place pumpkin & squash on baking pan and roast for 30 mins at 375 degrees. Remove & cool. Once cooled, scrape flesh of inside pumpkin.
- In large stockpot heat 3 tbsp of olive oil on medium. Add onions and let sweat fr 5-6 mins. Add squash & pumpkin to pot, cook additional 5 mins. Add 3/4 cup heavy cream, reserve rest for garnish. Add maple syrup, nutmeg & allspice. Once all ingredients are added, add vegetable stock & simmer on low for 20-30 mins.
- While simmering, clean pumpkin seeds with 1 tbsp of olive oil and pinch of salt. Place seeds on baking sheet and roast unitl golden brown. 6-7 mins
- After simmering for 30 minutes puree mixture. Once soup is pureed, pour mixture into the pumpkin base. Drizzle with remaining heavy cream and sprinkle toasted pumpkin seeds.